Enhanced Mobile Satellite Service (EMSS)
Distributed Tactical Communications System
Double plus signs (++) indicate that access is PKI Enabled; if you have any issues, please Contact Us.
Double asterisks (**) indicate that access is limited to .mil or .gov domains only.
DTCS provides the disadvantaged field user with over-the-horizon (OTH), beyond-line-of-sight (BLOS) and on-the-move (OTM) Netted communication capability through the Iridium satellite constellation, without the need for local ground infrastructure. The Netted configuration allows one DTCS radio, more commonly referred to as the DTCS Radio Only (RO), to simultaneously communicate to all other radios using a shared net.
The DTCS RO is a handheld push-to-talk (PTT) satellite communications device offering a two second PTT set up. The RO handset uses multicast architecture and operates similar to terrestrial-based tactical radio (walkie-talkie), with a single talker and multiple listeners, but delivers a 250 mile range and OTH/BLOS capabilities. Additionally, the RO has the capability to transmit Position Location Information (PLI) that can be viewed on systems and tools that utilize a Common Operating Picture (COP) such as Force XXI Battle Command Brigade-and-Below (FBCB2) or Blue Force Tracking (BFT).
- Access the DTCS Web Portal Login Page* (Note this web site requires your DoD email certificate)
- Access DISA Direct Order Entry (DDOE)
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Contact the DTCS Program Office
- email@example.com - Contact the EMSS Program Office
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Contact the General Dynamics Help Desk
- DTCS Net Manager Web Portal - Before You Begin ++ (2.2 MB PDF document) - updated 03 Oct 2013
- Field Provisioning Tool for the DTCS RO ++ (968 KB PDF document) - updated 15 Jan 2014
- DTCS RO Users Guide ++ (1.1 MB PDF document) - updated 15 Jan 2014
- Field Application Tool User Management Guide ++ (5.8 MB PDF document) - updated 15 Jan 2014
- Field Application Tool User Management Administrator User Guide ++ (2.5 MB PDF document) - updated 15 Jan 2014
- DTCS Web Portal Users Manual for Domain Administrators ++ (2.7 MB PDF document) - updated 15 Jan 2014
- DTCS Net Manager Web Portal User Training ++ (3.9 MB PDF document) - updated 14 Feb 2014
- EMSS and DTCS Products, Equipment, and Accessories ++ (291 KB PDF document) - updated 08 March 2017
- DTCS Management Tools Concept of Operations (ConOps) ++ (817 KB PDF document) - updated 28 August 2014
All users with a domain admin account on the DTCS Net Manager (accessible via the Web Portal) must have a current validated System Authorization Access Request (SAAR) (DD Form 2875) on file. Users are also required to complete the DoD Information Assurance course every fiscal year. Completion of the most current IA course shall be validated on an updated DD Form 2875, which will also be used to re-validate access to the system.